Jedi: I want a vape pen so my room smells nice like yours.
Diva: Her room smells ah-mazing. It smells good because she cares about it and keeps it clean. Im obsessed with your bed, Momma. Do you know I laid down and fell asleep in Mom’s bed for like an hour and when I woke up my skin was softer.
Me: How is that even possible?
Diva: I DONT KNOW! But it’s totally true. Your bed is magic.
I am much more productive and happier.
It has crossed my mind like a compulsion to go check on my child.
Interesting … stay tuned.
I have grown a real disgust for Mothers Day.
I cant even explain why.
Maybe it feels too forced or fake like Valentines Day?
Maybe I resent being type-cast?
Maybe I don’t want to recognize people who dont recognize me?
Maybe I just know too much?
I know all too well what goes on behind closed doors and that some Moms wont get what they deserve and others wont deserve what they get.
Sometimes I really wish I could indulge in a blissful eternity of ignorance.
Im convinced that a singing child is a confident child.
There is nothing quite like falling asleep to your child singing in the next room.
If someone leaves you hanging onto rope 10 feet off the ground… you just need to hang out until a 6’8″ LL Bean model promises to catch you.
My whole life I’ve been waiting for a soft place to fall.
*cue trust fall in 3…2..1*
You can’t hold on to what you ain’t got.
I honestly don’t know how Im still breathing.
Ive said this before, but it bears repeating; It’s quite amazing how many times you’re heart can be broken …
…yet, still … we survive.
It’s a miracle.
And millions of us do it everyday.
It’s brave. It’s beautiful.
This weekends polisci talk shows we’re absolutely disheartening..no, terrifying.
I don’t know what could possibly be next. The only advice I have is: Be certain to sow seeds of love everywhere you possibly can. We will reap it, maybe not now, but for our children sakes, we must keep going.
1. This isnt a fairy tale, it’s real life and you will create the ending.
2. Never start a relationship with someone in a desperate state. When you are lost at sea, any port will be the right port.
3. If you want to give something a shot, then have the patience to wait this out, let the dust settle and start with a solid foundation. That’s faith.
4. Don’t get ahead of yourself. Take the time to sit down and write a plan of action. Review your best/worst case scenario and plan for both.
5. Seek help. Professional help. A counselor who can help you work through the issues BEFORE creating a volatile scenario for you or your children.
6. Actions speak louder than words – ALWAYS. Pay attention to what they do, not what they say.
7. If someone wants a future with you and your children, they should be doing everything to show up as a complete person, not in pieces that you’re going to put back together.
^^remember that if nothing else^^