After over a decade of blogging here, there, but not everywhere, I was most appreciative of being appreciated and being nominated for the Liebster Award. It’s most appropriate since the word Liebster is my favorite German word, the word for beloved, that my Opa used to call me. Also, it is a way of paying it forward, acknowledging other bloggers and I adore the principle and humanity of paying it forward. Thank you, Ann-Grubbs n Critters for thinking of me.
Without further ado here are my own nominees for the Liebster Award:
I hope you’ll accept my nomination. I thank you for being gracious and brave enough to put yourself out there. Keep going! You can start by answering these 11 questions:
1. What inspires you?
2. If you were President, what’s the first thing you’d do?
3. What was the most important day of your life?
4. Favorite comfort food?
5. Favorite color?
6. If you could choose another name for yourself, what would it be?
7. What made you start blogging?
8. What do you do to relax?
9. What song best describes you?
10. Mountains or Beach?
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Here’s my own responses to the questions asked of me:
#1. Describe yourself in 3 words
Loyal. Compassionate. Resilient.
#2. How did you decide the name of your blog?
I just knew I needed my own place. Stephie is a name only those closest to my heart use and I’ve always loved discovering the parts of a city that make it original. So, Stephieopolis.
#3. What do you find challenging when it comes to blogging?
Writing for myself. I often feel guilty for not writing about my kids and loved ones more, but I regress. This is my place.
#4. What’s your pet peeve?
What’s not my pet peeve? That might be easier. Hmm. Lying. I can deal with anything so long as its the truth. I never need a lie.
#5. Last meal before you die – what would it be?
Bacon Cheeseburger w. BBQ sauce, steak fries and a milkshake. Or Filet Mignon with Fettuccine Alfredo and a glass of red wine. Would depend on the day.
#6. Your Top 3 bucket list
A missions trip. See the Northern Lights. Meet my great grandchildren.
#7. Favourite quote?
Make your mess your message.
#8. Cats or Dogs?
I own both but, dogs.
#9. One thing about you that readers don’t know
I have played the piano at The White House.
#10. What’s your take on bloggers’ award such as this?
It’s nice to be appreciated.
And the 11 random random facts:
1. My favorite artist is Gustav Klimt.
2. I have been proposed to 5 times.
3. I was a back up singer for Barry Manilow.
4. I was born in Belgium.
5. I dont like scary movies.
6. I suffer from wanderlust.
7. I have a repetitive nightmare about tidal waves.
8. I love oddities.
9. I would love to take a pole dance class.
10. I grew up in the Washington D.C. metro area.
11. I have a rare autoimmune disease.